*This post contains affiliate links. If you see something you like, please click through to support my blog. You rock!
Back in September, I featured LuLaRoe with Karinne Culley and she’s back again today! I wanted to show you some more ways to accessorize and style this lovely Amelia dress. When I started this post, I only planned on creating 3 looks. After I started playing with this dress, that number doubled easily. Amelia is super versatile and looks great on all body types!
Disclaimer: I know there are all kinds of LuLa Hacks all over Pinterest, but I wanted to keep Amelia pure. No wearing it backwards for me – I tried, but it really didn’t look that great in real life. This is Amelia in her natural form with a variety of accessories and layering pieces – many of which I’m sure you already have in your closet. Let’s get to it!
I love the Amelia because of the pockets and the zipper back which adds a little edge to an otherwise sweet dress. I didn’t realize how versatile this dress would be! I just assumed it would be hard to style because of the print, but I was wrong. Oh, so wrong. Just imagine the endless possibilities if you were to buy this dress in black or any other solid color. My mind is blown. For size reference, I’m an 8. The medium fits well and I even have a little room. I’m guessing the small would be a good fit, too. This is how I styled her back in September.
This is how I’ll be wearing her this winter.
1. I decided to layer a semi-fitted sweater on top of Amelia. I added the scarf to cover up the fact that the necklines didn’t perfectly match up (and because I love scarves). This particular sweater came from Nordstrom Rack and has a red stripe down the side that perfectly matches this dress. It’s like they were made for each other.
Similar pieces: Sweater (lots of colors!), Scarf, Booties (lots of colors!)
2. This outfit is so cozy. I love a denim shirt knotted and worn over a dress. I styled the LuLaRoe Carly a similar way back in September. This mustard scarf is a great piece to have in your accessory closet, too. Mustard is a actually a very versatile color (and one of my faves!)
Similar pieces: Shirt, Scarf, Leggings, Boots
3. I picked up this cute little Cabi cropped sweatshirt jacket at my favorite thrift store a few weeks ago and knew it would be perfect with this dress. Add a chunky necklace & a stretchy belt and you’re good to go.
Similar pieces: Jacket, Necklace, Booties, Belt
4. This surplice sweater that I picked up last year at TJ Maxx is another way to dress Amelia down. You could easily add a scarf or chunky necklace to this look, too. That v-neck is just begging for some bold accessories.
Similar pieces: Sweater, Leggings, Boots
5. I added a flouncy brown skirt that I’ve owned for years underneath Amelia to give her a little extra length. Add in a cute (faux) leather jacket and scarf for a complete look. I’m not completely in love with this scarf with this outfit – just working with what I have! You get the idea.
Similar pieces: Jacket, Scarf (lots of colors!), Skirt, Booties (lots of colors!)
6. I’ve had this adorable little trench coat with laser cut detailing at the bottom for a few years, but I really haven’t worn it that much. But I can’t bring myself to get rid of it either. I absolutely love it with the Amelia peeking out from the bottom.
Similar pieces: Coat, Booties (lots of colors!)
You are all invited! I am hosting a LuLaRoe Facebook party on December 8 with Karinne that you won’t want to miss. Karinne always has special pricing on certain styles during her parties and a roll call giveaway! If you to join the party, just join Karinne’s group and mark your calendar for December 8. I’ll post a reminder as the date gets closer.
Have you tried LuLaRoe yet? What’s your favorite piece?